Discover why Key West is one of the most haunted locations in the country on this 90 minute walking tour that starts at the corner of Duval and Caroline Streets, and led by your experienced guide and storyteller. Walk down hidden lanes and discover Key West's often bizarre history and hear tales of our most colorful ghosts. You will listen to the strange tale of Count Von Cosel, see where the enchanted Robert the Doll lived and hear his story, and be captivated by the strange tale about The Watcher, and the ghost at La Concha. You will go inside the former residence of a prominent Key West family, now turned restaurant, and hear the chilling tale of the spirit that now inhabits that space. You will learn terminology used for various ghost forms and how to take pictures on your camera. Interactive and spooky fun for the whole family!
Stop At: Key West Ghost and Mysteries Tour, 310 Duval St, Corner of Duval and Caroline Street, Florida 33040
Check-in for the ghost tour is no later than 8:45 at the corner of Duval and Caroline Street in front of the Porter Mansion on the Duval Street side. There is a small booth just at the entrance to the property, at the beginning of the 300 block of Duval Street, and that is where you will do your check-in. At 9pm the guide will depart and walk you down Rose Lane for an introduction to the tour which includes some Key West history, terminology used when talking about different spirit sightings, instructions on how to take pictures, and general guidelines. Key West is Florida's second oldest city and one of the most haunted locations in the country. From Rose Lane you will walk to the end of the block stopping at the Casa Antigua, Ernest Hemingway's first Key West residence where he fell in love with Key West and wrote "A Farewell to Arms". You will hear what happened in this interesting building and the ghostly story about The Watcher. The tour then moves up to Eaton Street to the Artist House where you will hear the story of the creepy, Robert the Doll and see where he used to live. Next the tour moves to Bahama Street where the oldest graveyard is located in back of Saint Paul's Church. You are invited to use the dowsing rods at this point to try to engage spirit activity. Just past the graveyard is the Dean-Lopez Funeral Home. This stop is where the strange tale of Count Von Cosel and Elana is related. This story is stranger than fiction, but it's all true and documented. You now will wind back around to the La Concha Hotel and hear what happened at the tallest building in Key West. It's a ghostly tale, but not what you probably think. Next the tour moves to the Oldest House and Gardens to explore the grounds at the back of the house, and hear stories about the family who lived here and learn about the many ghostly sightings. This is the most active location on the tour and many guests get pictures on their cameras. Finally, the tour moves inside to hear the chilling tale of a prominent Key West family at their former residence. As the tour concludes, there is time for stories and picture sharing. The tour is interactive and questions are encouraged. The tour ends at 10:30 across the street from where it started.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 09:00 PM
- Return Details:
Hard Rock Cafe, 313 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 30 people per booking
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.54 out of 5 stars based on 944 traveler reviews collected by Tours of Key West and partner sites such as Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities