Key West Florida Reef Half-Day Snorkeling Excursion
Envision yourself swimming freely among the vibrant fish of the Florida Keys during a Key West snorkeling tour. This tranquil catamaran cruise provides easy snorkeling among coral reefs and includes beverages. You may even spot a pod of dolphins or sea turtles drifting by.
- Snorkel North America's only living coral reef!
- Multiple times available to fit your schedule.
- Real-time availability with instant confirmation.
Pay close attention as professional crew members provide a safety briefing and snorkeling overview. When you reach the reef, hop into the translucent waters with provided snorkeling gear to discover an underwater world of exotic fish and neon coral. As you follow the many schools of fish around, keep your eyes peeled for copper sweepers darting to and from rocks. If you're curious to know what exactly you're seeing, ask the crew to share their expert knowledge or request a handy fish identification card.
After exploring the reef, climb back on deck and wet your whistle with provided beverages including wine, ice-cold beer, and filtered water. Perhaps indulge a bit further with your favorite cocktail at the onboard cash bar, and then sit back and relax, keeping watch for a pod of dolphins who might swim along with the boat as we set sail for our return trip.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Professional crew
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks
- Cocktails (available for purchase at the cash bar)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given to travelers by the Tours of Key West customer support team.
How long do I get to snorkel?
Key West Florida Reef Half-Day Snorkeling Excursion includes 60 minutes of snorkeling.
Can I go snorkeling if I cannot swim?
Yes, this is possible, as long as you are comfortable going into the water. All Tours of Key West snorkeling tours adhere to strict safety regulations and have been designed to be enjoyed by all.
Your safety is our #1 priority, which is why:
- You will be wearing a flotation device at all times.
- On many tours, there is a stairway from the boat into the water so you won’t have to “jump” in!
- There are trained staff in the water and watching from the boat at all times.
For these reasons, we believe that even non-swimmers can have a wonderful time on our snorkeling trips, however, the final judgment call is yours to make. Please note we do not give refunds if you decide not to snorkel on the trip.
Can we use our own snorkeling gear?
The snorkel gear we use on Tours of Key West tours is high quality and for your protection, the equipment is sanitized after each use. However, if you feel more comfortable using your own snorkeling equipment, feel free to bring it on the tour. Please note, there is no discount for providing your own equipment and we can’t be responsible for any lost or damaged items.
I've never snorkeled before, will I be OK?
First-time snorkelers can be assured of one-on-one instruction and assistance. We find introducing folks to our world very rewarding!
What is the age limit for snorkeling?
There are no legal age limits for snorkeling. We have found that age 5 or 6 is a good age to learn the basics of snorkeling, however, it’s entirely up to individuals to make the best choice for their family.
Will I get seasick on Key West Snorkeling Adventure?
If you have any doubts about becoming seasick on the water, we recommend taking a Dramamine® Motion Sickness Relief tablet the night before your trip. Some people recommend taking it the night before your cruise and then again that morning so you will not feel so drowsy.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the Key West Florida Reef Half-Day Snorkeling Excursion must be canceled due to bad weather, and you cannot go on another day or time, you will be issued a refund by Tours of Key West.
Where can I park my car?
If required, parking instructions for the Key West Florida Reef Half-Day Snorkeling Excursion will be included in your confirmation email.
Where is the meeting point for this activity?
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for Key West Florida Reef Half-Day Snorkeling Excursion will be included in your confirmation email from Tours of Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes its way to you!
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for will be included in your final confirmation email from Tours of Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes it way to you!
Average 4.74 out of 5 stars based on 1108 traveler reviews collected by Tours of Key West and partner sites such as Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor